Friday, April 4, 2008

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Voodoodle #6


After drawing this little voodoo poppet guy in Photoshop, he looks so cuddly I think I have to make one. I took a photograph from an old cemetary that is near my home and decided to lay the doll on top of the grave. I added a mojo hand, aka mojo bag or gris gris bag. It contains items to bring the dead peace and happiness in the afterlife. This is officially Voodoodle #6.

I realized after placing the number 6 on the heart of this Voodoo poppet, that perhaps this was an subconscious tribute to the family of 6 who were recent murder suicide victims and lived in a nearby town.

May they rest in peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this poppete is a cutie, too! I like the heart, of course. ;)

I was on the interstate on my way to school and saw the burnt out van from that murder suicide before I heard the news about it. It was an unbelievable sight.